Wednesday, June 24, 2009

One Of My Favorite Places

is, surprisingly, a chain of bakeries here called Maxim's. It's not that the food is particularly special, because it isn't. Maybe it's kind of comfort food? I usually get a "sausage bun" which is basically a hot dog backed into a bun, or the sweat bun, which not exactly what I expected. It's only sweet on top. But it's so good. I don't think the food is great, but I do love it. Weird.

Anyway, they're all over the place in Hong Kong. Very popular. I have to admit, I hit the one in the building at work at least once, usually twice, a day. A snack when I go in, and then something for the walk home. Yes, I have no self-control.

I was talking about this place with a friend of mine last week. After I told him I loved it, he said "you really like that all the girls are pretty, right?" Yes, I admit that I do. But I really love the food! It's good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment