Wednesday, March 21, 2012

We're Getting the Band Back Together!

So... It looks like I'm starting this thing up again. It turns out that one of the benefits of working at Google is that we can work from any office. WORLDWIDE! Of course, to me that means Tokyo, so ticket bought and underwear packed, and I'm on my way. Departure time: March 22, 10am.

I'll be in Japan for one month, working the middle two weeks and hanging out the first and last. Just blending with the locals ("kore wa pen desu!" See? Just like a local). And I'm quite excited to see what the Google Tokyo cafeteria serves for lunch. The bar is high, but I'm sure they'll meet, nay, exceed!, expectations since it's almost impossible to get a bad meal in Tokyo.

This is actually my second trip to Japan. It's been five years but I still have vivid memories. Tokyo is just that awesome. I'm really looking forward to having a little more structure this time, where I'll have something akin to a schedule. One of my main goals is to get a feel for actually living a normal life there. A month is not too, too long, but it's what I've got, so I'll make the best of it. Good times await!

Definitely not looking forward to that 15 hour flight, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment