Monday, March 26, 2012

An Evening Walk Through Ginza

As mentioned in my previous post, I took a walk through Ginza last night. It's an upscale shopping/dinning area near the heart of Tokyo. I did see many (many!) what's the saying? May - December relationships? Yes, that. Someone's obviously got money...

Roughly speaking, there are a few main thoroughfares, with small side streets running between. Those side streets are really where it's at, as there are many smaller restaurants, bars and seemingly houses of ill repute. Awesome. I'm pretty sure gaijin aren't allowed in many of those places, even had I been interested. It seems that all parties involved were happy with my lack of interest. Just walk on by Kev, just walk on by.

The bright lights made for tempting shots, though. Too bad I'm a horrible photographer.

Here we have one of those major thoroughfares. Seemed much brighter in person...



This is one of those cross streets. It's still quite bright, but the lights are mainly from the main street at the end. The cross streets are a little quieter, clean(ish) and pleasant to stroll through. I'm never really sure which way the cars will be going, though. I'm sure they'll see me.



This one's a bit blurry. Sorry. It's a typical building on the main street. Garishly bright, with a lot of motion to capture the eye. It's fun to walk around, though.



Any street with a lit sign across the top needs to be walked down. Turned out to be a typical cross street, nothing special. I think this may have been the street with the hostess clubs. I have thought of opening my own host club. I imagine young, beautiful, wealthy women would pay to have the pleasure of my company. How could that possibly not work out?


That's it for the Ginza excursion. As you'll remember, I eventually made my way back to Ueno (on the way home anyway) and found that yakatori place. My nice long walk around Ginza was a nice prelude to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment