Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sapporo Guitar Shop

A little posting for the guitar nerds.  Stopped by another guitar shop here in Sapporo.  Not huge, but a decent selection. Several Fenders, which seem the same the world over.  They do seem to have a much cooler selection of Schecter guitars here, and of course ESP is super popular.

This is a Killer guitar.  The only guitarist I know of who plays these is Akira Takasaki (of Loudness).  I wouldn't have something like this as my main guitar, but when I've got a lot more disposable income, I'll definitely have a crazy guitar or two.  Also, I think my nephews Joe and Mike would love this guitar.


















This is a Slayer Reign in Blood customer ESP guitar.  There was a "Do Not Touch" sign on the neck, but I touched it.


















Japan has a much cooler selection of Schecter guitars (surprising, considering it's an American company). Unlike in the states, where they've got mostly matte finish guitars, here I've seen mostly flame and maple top finishes.  Quite nice, actually.














Here's a pink Ash (I think) Strat.  I've never seen a figured top with quite this finish.  It was actually more vibrant in person.  A little much, but definitely unique.

1 comment: