Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tonkatsu Dinner Fail!

Tonight I had a real hankering for some tonkatsu.  Or the chicken version, chicken katsu.  Or menchi katsu.  Basically, some kind of meat, fried.  Sadly, after literally an hour of walking around (in the snow and rain.  Turns out that Sapporo is actually pretty far north.  Anyway, after an hour of walking (miles, I say!) I ended up at the ginormous underground mall by Sapporo Station (itself a 15 or so minute walk from the hotel) eating at a Lotteria.  Yes, I ended up ordering a fried chicken sandwich (which was surprisingly good.  Some kind of spicey sauce).  Not the dinner I had hoped for, but in a pinch it had to do.  I could have sworn that I saw several signs for katsu as I wandered around last night looking for yakitori.  Seems like whatever I don't feel like at the moment is all I see (saw a ton of ramen places today, but just wasn't in the mood).

While it was tastey, this has to be considered a dinner fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment