Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shibuya Crossing

I think I've mentioned before that Shibuya is really crowded.  Kind of insanely so.  But that's part of its charm!  It's a really fun place to wander around and people watch, all the while being bombarded by just a silly amount of advertisement.  Bright lights, huge TV screens, speakers blaring every block, either of some new song or a commercial, huge trucks driving by adorned with a huge painting of some pop star.  Just crazy.  And I love it.

Oh, and the only ice cream place that I know about in Tokyo is located here.  It's a Cold Stone Creamery!  Hm, maybe I'll pop in there tonight and treat myself.

Let's go to the tape!  These pics are actually taken from the video I posted earlier, but why not show them one at a time?  It's my blog so that's what I'ma gonna do.

First, a view from about the third floor.  It's not super close, but you can see the size of the crowds.


















The crowds begin to converge.  I REALLY want to get this shot on a Saturday night.  Probably next weekend.

















Peeping through traffic, we see the crowd gathering across the way.

















Traffic cleared and it's time for us all to start crossing.

















About halfway across.  Somehow, everyone just manages to skim past each other.  It's quite graceful.

















In the thick of it.

















In the thicker of it.




















And The Captain again!  I love this guy.  This picture just screams debonair.


















No comments:

Post a Comment