Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tonight's Dinner

It's only my second full day and I already miss having a kitchen to cook in. Uh-oh. It's really just the fact that I don't like spending this much money on food everyday, but there are worse things. The only real sad part is when the food comes out and I think "I really could do this at home". Maybe I don't get consistently perfect results, but it's usually not that hard. Of course, I stay away from sauces, so maybe I'm copping out a bit.

Anyway, tonight I stopped at a tony little place not too far away. It's located in a section well traveled by expats, which didn't thrill me, but it was convenient. There's a few blocks area where there are a bunch of bars and restaurants popular with visitors. Most of the places reminded me of an Allston area bar, which as you know, isn't particularly appealing to me at all. But some of the places seemed ok. Too many offered western style food, so I'll just skip past those.

I forget the name of tonight's place, but it was a cozy place, about 12 tables in all. AT approximately 10 feet wide, there wasn't much room, but that wasn't a problem for the lovely ladies working tonight. Very friendly service.

I originally ordered the brisket, but they were out. Following the server's suggestion, I then went with the Vietnamese diced loin. For this meal, I say bravo. Perfectly tender meat, flavorful garlic oil, crispy and fresh veggies, and a decent (though not perfect) presentation with a garnish of chillies. I'm not sure what the greens on top are, but they were pan fried crispy and very, very tasty. I'm disappointed in this picture's quality. Not sure why I screwed this one up...

From What I did on my summer vacation


The crowd was thin tonight, which I guess is to be expected on a Sunday night. Though the pubs were doing somewhat brisk business, it seemed pretty tame. I'm sure it's annoyingly busy on Friday and Saturday nights. Of course, since I'm not too enamored with this area anyway, I really don't care.

I would, however, return to this place. I really should get the name next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment