Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rainy Day in Tokyo... So I Walked Around Shinjuku.

Pretty crappy day, so I thought I'd explore the busiest train station in the world.  Maybe that's not the best decision, as it's...  busy.  But it was interesting.  I quickly bored of it, actually, and headed over to Shibuya to find something to eat (Shinjuku has a ton of options, but everything seemed a bit pricey).

Kind of out of order, as I renamed things.  Anyway...  Here's my lunch!  A burger at JS Burger Cafe, in Shibuya.  It's a teriyaki burger, with onions, lettuce, cheddar and mayo!  So.  Tastey!  The fries are quite good, too.  Which is not surprising, as everything is awesome over here.  And an O.J., because I'm healthy.  You can see the provided sleeve in the lower right hand side.  You slide the burger in and eat from that.  I know this from watching the girl next to me.  She managed to daintily eat her burger pretty neatly.  I managed to have mine fall apart, and had to empty it onto my plate and eat it the latter half a knife and fork.  Of course, I *did* befriend the girl and spent the afternoon being shown around a few areas of Tokyo (see my later post on Meguro, which I visited again today!)  So, pretty good day.

The next few are random shots in and around Shinjuku station.  It's basically a station / mall below ground, and goes on forever.



Camera shop in Shinjuku Station.  It's very well lit, loud (both aurally and visually), and jam-packed full of merchandise.  They have employees stand at the entrances with megaphones, touting deals inside.  I guess. I can understand like 10% of what they're saying.  Probably less than 10%.



No comments:

Post a Comment