Monday, April 9, 2012

More Cherry Blossom a-Blossoming

Killing some time yesterday afternoon, I popped over to Ueno Park again to see the blossoms.  And yes, Sunday afternoon during just-about-peak-time is absolutely insane.  A madhouse.  Frankly, there's no way we'd be able to have anything this nice back home as if we had this many people in this small a place, there'd be multiple homicides (that's a legal term.  Hey, I spent the $150k+, I may as well use the jargon.  I earned it!).

I began to make my way towards the road under the blossoms, but decided it just wasn't worth it.  Just pack ass to elbow in there (is that the saying?)  I pretty quickly turned around and wandered back towards the station.  Still pretty to see, though.  Sadly, the sun was in front of me, which even an amateur photog like myself knows is the worst place for the light source to be.  Will get more and better pictures this week, when crowds are much less!

Even though there *are* many white blossoms, many of these were indeed red.  It's just my lack of photography skills, combined with the less-than-ideal light source that makes everything kind of washed out.  There's probably some Photoshop trick I could try, but I'm lazy.  May try some other time.





No comments:

Post a Comment